Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Watching Home Videos

I watched a home video of Noah last night, 6 months ago, when he was 15 months old. This was around the time we suspected a problem but we weren't 100% sure.  I was shocked to see his behavior in this video. He was watching a TV show- In about 4 minutes of video I saw him flap his hands, walk on his tip toes, shake his head, have facial tics and was very unsteady on his feet. How did we not see this?

Now, I am nervous to watch earlier videos. What if the symptoms were always there? I would blame myself for not picking up on the signs/symptoms and not intervening sooner.

I think that reviewing home videos can be a good tool to help parents figure out when the changes occurred with their child. I just don't know if I am ready yet to review those earlier videos. It will hurt my heart too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment